Thursday, April 26, 2012

independent component

I, Amanda Gutierrez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. Which was my song team, teaching girls how to dance and how to be one group. Love one an other and respect one an other, at the same time having fun.


I had so much fun getting to know these girls and working with them. At the beginning of Independent Component 1  , I had about 12 girls in my team. But I now have 6 amazing girls. The other six we're all sophomores who were best friends and one left , which left me with a domino effect. But it was great because I taught the rest of the girls how to deal with the loss of team members. You just have to dust yourself off and move on. And even if it's hard to move on or let go you need to remember life goes on. It was extremely hard to preform because of so many of their schedules being in different things. Especially trying to get the uniforms , girls weren't turning in the money and things like that made it harder to preform. So I made it work but practicing in front of the tennis courts so that when people walked by they had courage to be who they are , and it worked. I also made it more of talking with the girls and telling them it is okay to be shy but the biggest  fear you can have is the fear of not being yourself in front of others. I explained to them that dancing isn't just about having fun and always being on point. It is having the pride in yourself in the ways that you do. My third answer is " dancing in the way that makes you feel the most content". And that was my mission to these girls, not necessarily having them dance infront of a crowd, but being able to dance and be themselves. When I say " dancing in a way that makes you feel the most content", I mean not caring what anyone else thinks about you. Thinks about the way you dance, and their negative opinions. At the end of the day it all depends on what you think, and that is what I taught them. Unless it is a compliment , it goes through one ear and out the other. Girls need to be strong and be one, so that their isn't all the drama and fights. Not caring about the drama is very important, it all matters about your own opinion . It really helped me answer my essential question " what is the best way to help teenage girls build self esteem"? Dancing in a way that makes you feel the most content, because being content with yourself helps you build your self esteem. 



No comments:

Post a Comment