Thursday, April 26, 2012

Helping 2013

Kayla Cruz :

1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

 Kayla: Something with flowers

My feedback : I told her that, if she really enjoys it to do it, but if isn't something she loves then don't do it. I explained to her that you want to choose something you know your not going to get tired of if really interests you. So that by April your not ready to fall down a cliff or anything like that, you need something that is going to motivate you to the end.

2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?


 Kayla: I'm really not sure


My feedback: I asked her if she enjoyed anything other than flowers and heir textures. She explained to me how she has a love for mythology and I said why don't you do that. If you really love that subject you can make it work. Knowing that you have a love for your project really means you won't get tired of it easily. As well as that saying if you love what you do , you'll never work a day in your life. That is what you want for your senior project something that is going to interest you the whole year.


3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?


    Kayla: I want them to know what they are talking about and keep it interesting at the same time know their subject well.


    My feedback: I told her that she needs to find one that interests her so that it will make it interesting rather than boring. And to really pay attention to things so that you won't be lost. Take notes if needed, things to keep you interested. Being that the two hour presentation of Atiana Price , shaped my senior project this year. And it really made me hooked at that topic the second I walked out of the room , which made my summer stress free.




    4) What questions do they have about senior project?  What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project? 


    Kayla didn't have any questions, she said she knew what to expect and that obviously it wasn't going to be easy. I told her just really do something you love or really enjoy. I came into my project super eager to find out why girls have low self esteem and to this day I love learning new things about it and that is what you want to feel when doing your project. 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment