Sunday, May 13, 2012

Service learning

1) Literal : Debbie Head Interpretive: I gained the answer to my product, which is to become a female leader in my community as a girl scout leader. My service learning advisor was my girl scout leader, she taught me so much about self esteem and how girls can Gain healthy and high self esteem. The most important thing is to change the way you feel about yourself. I felt that Debbie was my role model as a female leader and taught me so much about making a girl feel beautiful and that is what I wish to do to other young girls. I think it's important to show young girls how to appreciate themselves and care for themselves and having a female leader to lead you in the right direction is significant. Applied: Being taught different ways to gain young girls self esteem and how important it is to have self confidence really helped me answer my e.q because I had so many answers and I found the best one to complete them all. I worked with my girl scout leader Debbie Head with my fellow girl scout friends. Learning why girls have low self esteem, how they can gain it, what are the pros and cons of high and low self esteem, effects on school related activities and events, What different sports can do to self esteem, what specific ways girls can gain high self esteem etc. My essential question is what is the best way to help teenage girls build self esteem? Self esteem as in the pride you have in your self. The best way is to write down your positives and negatives. Admiring your positives daily and learning to love your negatives . Taking what you've written down and going over it daily. Admiring your pros so that you never loose love for them, and work on your negatives. Either by learning to admire it or talk with a female leader in your community someone who can change your mind about how you feel about yourself and show you how special you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment