Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Senior Project Reflection

1. In my senior project I couldn't be more proud of myself that I was successful in finding different meaningful answers for my essential question , which was my goal. B) I'd give myself a P I learned so much that I'm going to take with me to my new girl scout troop. With my research in my service learning all the books and articles I read, I really dug in deep and found different ways to help girls build self esteem and it really helped me during my 2 hour presentation , giving me the ability to interact with the group. I used my own research and build up a healthy self esteem for myself and was able to give a very good presentation. Nine months of research along with my independent component one and two, service learning, and interviews taught me that every girls different but at the end of the day we all come together as one and are alike in many ways. Again with my research and experience I will take it to my girl scout troop that I will be starting , to Share my experience with young girls. 2.For my 2 hour presentation I was extremely proud of myself that I got through it all. As well as getting to teach what I wanted to teach my way and everything went perfect and ran smoothly. A) I'd give myself an AE for my presentation. I had never been more proud of myself in my four years at ipoly high school. I did it all on my own, 9 months of research really helped me get through every second of my presentation. I stood up tall, talked with confidence, made eye contact, met 35 minutes of talking time, had creative activities, along with a creative wall set up. I engaged my audience and made really made them feel what I was talking about. I have clear understanding of my three answers and made my audience feel welcomed as if I were talking to them personally. I couldn't be more proud of myself and with that I am strongly asking for an AE. 3. What worked was my service learning , even though I didn't get to 50 hours , I learned so much with Debbie Head. She taught me what she's learned over the past 18 years being a girl scout troop leader. She gave me books to read, articles to read, videos to watch and really expanded my knowledge for out self esteem in teenage girls. 4. What didn't work was telling the students to sit where they wanted to sit, I wanted them to feel comfortable but they were too comfortable. I had a few groups talking with Eachother, so that didn't work. 5. My goal was to find different answers for my essential question, that were meaningful to every girl. I found those answers and made them work with my activities. After my whole experience I'm taking it to the next closest level , which is finding girls for my own girl scout troop. I want to take all my knowledge about self esteem in teenage girls and teach young girls how to build their self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment